What this policy is about and how it applies to you
This Policy forms part of the Agreement between the Client and Lyca Xfinity (Lyca) and is binding on Clients using our services. The AUP sets out guidelines as to what forms of conduct Lyca regards as unacceptable on the part of its Clients and the steps which Lyca may take in response to unacceptable use of its services.
It is our intention to all our clients access to everything the internet has to offer, with minimal or no interference. However, certain activities are considered inappropriate by law and the internet community at large and cannot be permitted under any guise. We uphold the AUP in order to protect the integrity of our network and to specify the consequences that may flow from undertaking such prohibited activities.
Save as may be set out herein, we do not monitor the activity of services, except for measurements of system utilization and billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good conduct within the Internet community, if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service, we will respond appropriately.
We reserve the right to terminate the service without notice if Lyca services are used in a manner that violates the AUP. Our preferred course of action is to advise you of the inappropriate behaviour and any corrective action that is necessary. However, certain circumstances may warrant immediate termination without notice.
By accessing this website, or by contracting with us for services, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this policy and the terms and conditions it contains, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed to you in connection with this service/website.
Please take the time to acquaint yourself fully with the provisions of this Policy.
This policy forms part of Lyca Xfinity’ terms and conditions of providing the network service. It defines the accepted behaviour of users on the Lyca Xfinity’ (Lyca) network.
It applies to our customers as well as users and resellers of the Lyca Xfinity (Lyca) network. Resellers are responsible for the activities of their customers.
NETWORK DO’S AND DON’TS
Lyca Xfinity is not responsible for data sent over its infrastructure
We can’t control the data passing over the Lyca network infrastructure and the Internet. This includes data in websites, email, newsgroups and any other material created or accessible over the Lyca infrastructure. We therefore can’t be responsible for it.
You may link to other networks
With the Lyca infrastructure, you can link into other networks worldwide. However, it can be done only if you agree to follow the acceptable use of policies of these networks.
What you may download
Materials marked as available for download, may be obtained off the internet. However, we do ask you to follow the rules below once you’ve done so.
You may not obtain, distribute or facilitate the following over Lyca infrastructure:
- Unlawful materials
- Child pornography
- Hate-speech materials
You also may not copy or deal in intellectual property without the proper authorisation.
Don’t distribute copyrighted materials without permission
You may not use your Internet access to distribute any copyrighted materials without the permission of the copyright holder.
We may restrict excessive use of the Lyca Xfinity network
To ensure everyone has fair and equal use of the network service, and to protect the integrity of the network, we can take steps to prevent improper or excessive use. For example, we may:
- Limit throughput
- Prevent or limit service through specific ports or communication protocols
- End the service (in extreme cases of network abuse)
This policy will be enforced when the network is affected by both intentional use (user behaviour) and unintentional events (e.g., viruses, worms, malicious code, or otherwise unknown causes).
Online activity depends on available resources, which we can change
Online activity depends on available bandwidth, data storage and other limitations of the service provided. You agree that we may change these from time to time without giving you notice that we are doing so.
As a user of the Lyca Xfinity network, you agree to follow this policy.
As users, policy must be followed in order to:
- Maintain the integrity and quality of our services
- Protect our customers and infrastructure from abuse
- Adhere to laws and regulations
- Be a responsible service provider in the global Internet community
CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time. If we do, we will publish the changes on our website, www.lycaxfinity.com. The policy on the website is the one that users must follow.
Please report violations of this policy to firstname.lastname@example.org
PROHIBITED USES OF LYCA XFINITY SYSTEMS AND SERVICES
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Lyca Xfinity’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Lyca Xfinity’s servers, is prohibited. LycaXfinity accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Lyca Xfinity customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Lyca Xfinity-hosted domain, or referencing any Lyca Xfinity account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Lyca Xfinity customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Lyca Xfinity network or on another provider’s network.
10. Using Lyca Xfinity’ Services to interfere with the use of the Lyca Digital network by other customers or authorized users.
CUSTOMER RESPONSIBILITY FOR CUSTOMER’S USERS
Each Lyca Xfinity customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Lyca Xfinity, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Lyca Xfinity customer will be forwarded to the Lyca Xfinity customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the Lyca Xfinity Acceptable Use Policy occur, Lyca Xfinity reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Lyca Xfinity’s AUP as Lyca Xfinity deems appropriate, without notice.
Last Modified: 1 Sep 17